This could be caused by these reasons:
1. Hard-close the app: The app might encounter connectivity issues during the remote recognition process - please try to hard-close and relaunch the app, it might help.
2. Placement: Make sure your pod has direct line of sight with the A/C's infrared receiver (where you air conditioner senses the remote control's commands). Try to position the Sensibo Pod in different areas on your air conditioner, until you find a spot where commands go through every time.
3. Remote Recognition: Sensibo might have wrongly identified the remote control type that you're using. This issue usually occurs when the remote identified during the remote recognition process might seem like a good match for the unit you’re using, but isn’t the exact perfect match.
In order to experiment with different remote configurations that might be a better match for the A/C you’re using, try the following:
- Go to home.sensibo.com. Your login info is the same as in the app.
- Select Change Remote Model
- Choose your remote's brand name from the list. There might be a few available remotes under the same brand name.
- Make sure your pod has direct line of sight with your A/C’s IR receiver and send it a few commands via the app to see if the selected remote works for your unit.
Bear in mind that by changing your pod’s remote model you’ll be deleting the current remote model your pod is set up with. You can change the remote as many times as you like, until you find the correct model that works for you. Remember - If you select a model that’s incorrect for your A/C, you might lose functionality.