Dirty or clogged filters block normal airflow and reduce a system's efficiency significantly - resulting in higher energy costs (5%-15% more!!!).
Cleaning the air-conditioner filters every few months (depends on usage and type of AC) helps to ensure the AC performs efficiently, the air quality is high and that no energy is wasted.
We recommend cleaning the filters every 3 months on average (if you feel a decrease in the AC’s productivity in hot/cold weather, once a month is better).
How to clean the A/C filters?
- Turn the A/C off
- Open/lift the inside unit cover
- Take out the filters (most brands have easy-removal filters)
- Wash with running water to remove large dust chunks
- Rinse or soak the filters in warm water.
- Optional: add some vinegar to kill bacteria and allergens that might have accumulated on the filters. Wash with running water to remove viniger.
- Wait until filters are dry before putting back in A/C (at least an hour).
If the filters are damaged, please contact your supplier for replacement filters.